For the 2021/2021 school year the district will provide daycare and as long as it is deemed necessary by the state, emergency childcare. Rising operation costs require us to implement the standardized fee schedule listed below:
We recognize the cost for quality care for children can be challenging for many families. In response, we have worked with different agencies that provide support to families in regard to the expense of childcare at all ages.
Childcare Assistance Programs:
- DHS Employment Related Day Care – Gervais Early Learning Center is an approved provider for ERDC. To find out more about this program please use the link provided – To become eligible for child care assistance you must complete an ERDC application form.
- Preschool Promise – Gervais Early Learning Center has been awarded a grant so we can provide free preschool for some of the families in our community. To find out about the Preschool Promise Program please use the information provided – •Go to bit.ly/pspmpelh • Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org • Call (503) 967-1187
If you need help accessing any of the assistance programs, please call the Gervais School District Welcome Center @ 503-702-3803 ext. 1022 and speak with Maricruz Camacho.
The Gervais Early Learning Center also offers a 25% discount for families with multiple children in our center for 2021-2022 – the 25% discount applied to less expensive slot.
Age Group Definitions:
- Infant = 6 weeks to 12 months
- Toddlers = 12 months to 36 months
- Preschool = 3 years old (3 by Sept. 1), to 5 years old (5 by Sept. 1)
- K-5th= 5 years to 12 years old
Additonally, priority for daycare placement into the program will be as folows:
- Gervais School District Parenting Students
- Gervais School District Staff
- Gervais Community- Residents of the district and/ or employees in the district
- Outside Patrons