340 First St. Bldg. B
Gervais, OR 97026
Contact: Maricruz Camacho
Phone: (503) 792-3803 ext.1022
FAX: (503) 792-3810
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
(open for phone calls only at this time)
COVID-19 IMPORTANT MESSAGE
GERVAIS COMMUNITY – DUE TO THE CURRENT GUIDELINES AROUND SCHOOL CLOSURES, SOCIAL DISTANCING, AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, OUR WELCOME CENTER OFFICE IS CLOSED.
Is your student new to the Gervais School District?
IF your answer is “YES”, please fill out and electronically submit the registration forms below:
- ENG-2020-2021 Student Reg-Fillable
- ENG-Dental Form-Fillable
- ENG-Health & HIPPA-Fillable
- ENG-KINDER Transportation Release Form-Fillable
- ENG-Language Use Survey Form- Fillable
- ENG-Residency Questionnaire-Fillable
SI su respuesta es “SI”, rellene y envíe electrónicamente los formularios de registro abajo:
- SPA-2020-21 Incrip de Estud-Rellenable
- SPA-Cuestionario de Residencia-Rellenable
- SPA-Encuesta de uso del Idioma-Rellenable
- SPA-Forma de Salud y HIPPA-Rellenable
- SPA-Formulario de Transporte para KINDER-Rellenable
- SPA-Formulario Dental-Rellenable
If you need or prefer a paper copy of the registration packet, please call the Gervais Welcome Center at 503-792-3803 ext. 1022.
Once your registration packet is received you will be contacted by the Welcome Center for an appointment.
To register for kindergarten, your student must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 of the year entering school.
Is your student or are you a student returning after an absence of 10 consecutive days or more?
IF your answer is “YES”, please call the Gervais Welcome Center at 503-792-3803 ext. 1022. For a re-entry appointment.
You will need for both new student and reentry appointments:
- Proof of residency in district – utility bill, rental receipt/agreement, piece of mail with name and physical address of adult, etc.
- Proof of date of birth – Birth certificate, hospital certificate, passport, (we cannot use Social Security Card)
- Immunization record
The Welcome Center provides families a variety of school and community services including:
- School registration & enrollment for all schools K-12
- Preschool registration
- Information regarding Special Programs: Migrant, English Language Learner, Homelessness, Pregnant and Parenting Teens, and other special programs
- Parent involvement and parent education programs
- Community resources such as health care and social services
For any questions about registration or services and resources please contact the Welcome Center at email email@example.com or 503-792-3803 extension 1022.
Para cualquier pregunta sobre inscripciones o los servicios y recursos, póngase en contacto con el Centro de Bienvenida por correo electrónico Maricruz_camacho@gervais.k12.or.us o 503-792-3803 extensión 1022.
- Resident students who move out of the Gervais School District may continue to attend school where they are presently enrolled by visiting their new resident district and filing inter-district transfer paperwork.
- Non-resident students who would like to attend Gervais School District should contact their resident district office for their resident requirements.
- Gervais resident students who would like to attend school in another district must be released from the Gervais School District. They may do so by completing a District Transfer Form and submitting to the Gervais School District Office located at 290 First Street Bldg. A. The Transfer Form can also be faxed to: 503-792-3809 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submitted requests can take up to 2 weeks to process.
- The receiving school district will be in contact with the person making the request regarding approval/denial into their district.