What is SafeOregon?
Information for Students and Parents
SafeOregon is for students and others to report harmful or potentially harmful behavior against other students, school staff, or your school site.
The goal of SafeOregon is to prevent school or student safety threats from occurring. SafeOregon is a safe way to report information that concerns you, the safety of your fellow students, or your school.
- Use SafeOregon if you, or someone you know, is struggling or are in danger of being hurt, or need help from an adult and you’re not sure who to tell.
- SafeOregon reports are anonymous or confidential. Anonymous means you don’t need to leave any information about yourself when reporting a tip. Confidential means you can leave your name but it will only be shared with school administrators or possibly law enforcement if someone needs help immediately. You can include your contact information if you want someone to follow-up with you or you have questions.
- You can report a tip in five different ways: online at safeoregon.com, call or text 844-472-3367, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or download the SafeOregon mobile app on iTunes, or Google Play.
- You can include a photo or screenshot with your tip when using the mobile application, web form, or when sending an e-mail.
- You can send a tip 24 hours a day, any day of the year. All tips are reviewed by SafeOregon staff and sent to the most appropriate place for follow-up.
- Use 9-1-1 to report an emergency if you or someone you know needs help right now. SafeOregon does not replace 9-1-1.
- SafeOregon is for serious concerns and focuses on sharing important information, preventing tragedies and saving lives. It’s against Oregon law to misuse SafeOregon. Prank tips or deliberate false reports may be investigated by law enforcement.
- You have an important responsibility to keep your school and fellow classmates safe. Use SafeOregon and help everyone at school feel safe!