Upcoming College and Career Events:
Oregon Institute of Technology Virtual Preview Day
Virtually visit campus in an open-house format and learn more about Oregon Tech.
PNACAC Virtual College Fair
Students, families and counselors can connect with colleges and universities from all over the country in one convenient location. Advance registration is required.
UO SAIL Virtual Programs
Weekly live presentations with UO faculty highlighting academic departments, “ask a college student” Q&A, and college and scholarship essay assistance.
Faculty presentations begin October 7; college student Q&A on Wednesdays at 12 pm, essay help on Wednesdays from 2:00 – 4:00 pm
OSU-Cascades Virtual Fall Preview Day
A live online session to learn about the campus, community, academic programs, and how to prepare to apply. Live Q&A will be offered as part of the program.
October 8, 5:00 pm
Grand Canyon University – Virtual College Fairs
Free virtual college fairs on a monthly basis. This innovative experience was developed to provide students with a deeper understanding of potential career paths alongside the unique opportunity to personally explore GCU from anywhere!
As part of Build Oregon’s Careers in Construction Month, learn about registered apprenticeships.
October 13, 10:00-11:00 am and 1:00-2:00 pm
Portland Workforce Alliance
Attend these live sessions to learn about careers in manufacturing, healthcare, veterinary medicine/animal care, and journalism!
Resources for College:
- SAT/College Search & Admission Tools/Scholarships
- College Information & Career Exploration
- Program Finder for Chemeketa Community College
- Full Tuition Scholarships at Oregon Colleges
- How to Pay for College: Financial Aid Presentation
- Scholarship Directory – Fastweb
- Financial Aid Presentation
- Paying for College – Spanish Presentation
Resources for Career (trade programs/apprenticeships/job training opportunities):
- Job Corps
- Chemeketa Apprenticeships Information
- Spanish Healthcare Interpreter Training
- BOLI: Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Oregon State Building Trades Council: Becoming an Apprentice
- Oregon Apprenticeship
- Build Oregon Apprenticeship
- PCC: Apprenticeship and Trades
- Independent Electrical Contractors of Oregon: Apprenticeship (Training center in Tigard where the site will take you however there is also a center in Salem at 3700 Portland Rd NE, Salem, OR 97301)
- Central Electrical Training Center Apprentriceship
- NECA-IBEW Electrical Training Center: Apprenticeship
- NW College of Construction
- Pacific Northwest Carpenters Institute
- The Tech Academy Portland: Coding Bootcamp
- OSHA 10-hour Outreach Training Courses (We have 5 online courses paid for through Chemeketa and can get more on a 1 on 1 basis.)
- American CPR Care Association: CPR & First Aid Certification
- Red Cross: CPR & First Aid Certification
- Chemeketa: Traffic Control Flagger Training
- Forklift Academy Training
- Oregon Department of Agriculture: Tractor Training
Resources for SPED students:
- Oregon Food Bank
- The Great Oregon Steam Up: Brooks, Oregon
- Adaptive Riding Institute
- Salem Hospital
- Special Olympics of Oregon
- Willamette Valley Hospice
- American Cancer Society
- Hospice Care of the Northwest
- Make-a-Wish Foundation, Oregon
- Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU)
- Signature Service Hospice Care
- Medical Teams International
- Mercy Corps
Meet Ms. Talbot!
I graduated from Oregon State University in 2018 where I studied Communication and Animal Science. I live on a farm in Gervais with my boyfriend, Daniel, along with our two dogs, Charlie and Hadley.
My passion is helping young people meet their goals and inspiring them to succeed in their post-high school life. I would love to meet with you to start talking about different college and career options. Please email me if you would like to set up an appointment!