Parents/Guardians of Gervais Elementary School, Spring 2018
LatchKey is the name of the afterschool program at Gervais Elementary School, which runs from 2:30pm-5:0pm, Mo-Tue, Thur-Fri; and from 1:30pm-5:00pm on Wed. This communication outlines policies and procedures for LatchKey for the 2018-2019 School Year, some of which are changes from previous years. Please note carefully – if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the elementary school front office ((503) 792-3803, x1020).
For All Students Who Attend LatchKey:
- LatchKey services will begin on Wednesday, September 5th
- A flat rate payment is required, in full, no later than the 15th day of each preceding month. In other words, LatchKey is moving to a flat rate payment system (not “pay by the day” service), and payments are required prior to services being rendered, not after.
- As of 8:00am on August 1st 2018 (and no earlier), enrollment for LatchKey will open for the month of September 2018. Parents may enroll the student(s) in LatchKey by calling the elementary school front office at (503) 792-3803, x1020 or by emailing Charlene_Weidemann@gervais.k12.or.us.
- If a payment is not received, in full, by the 15th day of each preceding month (August 31st 2018 for September 2018 services), your student will be unenrolled from LatckKey and replaced by the student who is at the top of the waitlist. If desired, your student will then move to the waitlist for future placement consideration back into LatckKey.
- Because the flat rate payment secures a student’s spot in LatchKey for the month and not for individual days of service, no reimbursement will be issued for students who do not attend one or more days during the month (this includes students who are absent from school due to illness).
For Full LatckKey Services (students will depart LatchKey no earlier than 3:30pm, no later than 5:00pm each day):
- Enrollment in LatchKey will be capped at 60 students. As detailed above, students will be enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis, based on payments received for the month of September 2018. Any students beyond the first 60 enrolled will be placed on a waiting list.
- LatchKey will cost a flat rate of $100 per child per month (the partial months of December and June will cost a flat rate of $50 per child).
- If a student receiving full LatchKey services is not picked up by 5:00pm, they will be charged an additional $5 per day that they are picked-up late. These charges will be added to the bill for the following month. Late pick-ups past 5:00pm without prior notice will result in a behavior referral (see below).
For Partial LatckKey Services (students will depart LatchKey no later than 3:30pm each day):
- An additional 20 students may be served for partial LatckKey services.
- LatchKey partial services will cost a flat rate of $50 per child per month (the partial months of December and June will cost a flat rate of $25 per child).
- If a student receiving partial LatchKey services is not picked up by 3:30pm, they will be charged an additional $5 per day that they are picked-up late. These charges will be added to the bill for the following month.
LatchKey Behavior Referral Process:
- Student misbehavior will operate on a three-referral process, which will be clearly outlined and reviewed in the student LatchKey contract they will read and you (parent/guardian) will sign prior to receiving services. Following the third referral, a student will be removed from LatchKey for the remainder of the year.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the elementary school front office ((503) 792-3803, x1020).
Dr. Creighton Helms
Principal, Gervais Elementary School